Living with Cancer. Keyword: Living @liviaquinn Livia Quinn #AttackingCancer #CancerLivia Quinn shares good news — and statistics that can help.

One third or all men and women in the US will develop cancer of some kind. Every year I hear more positive experiences about cancer, people living longer, going into remission or the diagnosis itself making them face difficult decisions that improve their lives and health.
Living with cancer. According to the American Cancer Society “Today, more than 15 million people alive in the United States have had some type of cancer. Some of these people are cancer-free; others still have it.”
And still the main problem seems to be convincing people, particularly women, to be tested. Here are some of the things you may not be aware of about cutting your risks of getting cancer. (Some are still controversial with doctors, like mine who is on the side a one glass of red wine a day. Nevertheless, these are some things you can do to reduce your risk.) We need to face some hard truths about our habits.
1. Obesity is the largest risk factor that is preventable.
2. Get mammograms or tests for your genetic risk factors.
3. Risks increase with age so all the more reason to get other risks factors in check.
4. Don’t stick your head in the sand. Self check. Report ANY changes to your doctor.
5. Breast cancer isn’t always hereditary and around 90% of lumps aren’t cancerous. But that leaves 10%. EARLY DETECTION is imperative.
6. Any alcohol, according to research, increases your risk, even wine.
7. Breast cancer is no longer a death sentence. And one thing about the recent Obamacare laws was to make one mammogram a year and health exam is covered by your insurance. Check to make sure this is still true with yours but for many there is no monetary reason to avoid mammograms.
8. Other risk factors, tobacco, sun bathing in any form, lack of exercise.
Uh,boy. I need to up my game…
This Tuesday my book At Long Last Love releases. Talk about overcoming hereditary challenges and accepting help from your loved ones…

At Long Last Love by Livia Quinn

Genre Contemporary Small-town Romance
Book heat level (based on movie ratings): PG-13
Love happens…when you least expect it! And sometimes it brings a long-awaited second chance.
Madison Hart has been in love with Beau Larue for most of her life. When he comes home unexpectedly, Maddie’s traitorous heart leaps at the thought of a second chance. But an accident Beau’s Hollywood movie set has sent him home a changed man, in more ways than one.
Maddie makes a sacrifice that pushes Beau even farther away. Will her love be strong enough for both of them to finally find their happily ever-after?
A series with so much love and heart you’ll be cheering for each couple to get their happily ever after.
Preorder AtLong Last Love and book 6 until release day for $0.99 as well. (7 books in the series)

Where to buy At Long Last Love

Publisher Campbell Hill Publishing
Books 2 Read
Amazon US
Amazon CA
Amazon UK
Amazon AU
It will also be available on

Livia Quinn Social Media

Livia Quinn is a DC native who lives by the bayou in Louisiana with her husband and Cajun husky, Dusty. She gets her inspiration from the state’s fascinating culture and weather. She loves stories with emotion, family and love of community so you’ll find small towns, humor, quirky characters and lots of love in her stories. She has published twelve books, both paranormal and contemporary romance.
Livia Quinn’s Books2Read Page
Amazon Author page
Livia Quinn Readers Group